"I was unavailable. I was on location..."

>> Friday, December 5, 2008


Thursday was a great day! For those that know me fairly well, they will know I have a little project I am working on. Its been on my little project list for a long time. A couple years to be exact. 


What is it you ask? I am so glad you did. 

I have wanted to create a professional cd. I have messed around with bits and pieces of songs, incomplete albums and only shared the music when pressed. But, that time of teetering around is all over folks. 

I have about 7 complete songs on my way to ten for my pending album "This thing called love." In conjunction with recording the album, I wanted (and have wanted for some time) to do a quality photo shoot for the album cover. Today was just that day.  A friend from work is a graphic design grad and a photographer. I had shared my vision for the shoot and she got excited! A collaborative effort was born.  The only difficulty was getting our work schedules together.  

Today the stars aligned and we went on location to shoot the album cover. It was amazing.  It was so much fun! Her grandparents own about 2000 acres of land past Lincoln.  There were orchards, fields, rice fields, a stream and everything else picturesque you could wish for.  I cant wait to see the frames.  

What is the look of the shoot? I am so glad you asked! It is whimsical, high-contrast type scene.  Tim Burton meets project runway. Through in a little alice in wonderland and you have yourself a picture!

Keep posted for more behind the scenes info & the actual pictures!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP