Happy Thanksgiving!

>> Friday, December 5, 2008


There is an old adage that says "better late than never." Good thing there is the word better in front of late...

Thanksgiving was great this year - filled with a lot of love and warmth.  I was able to cook, bake and play bingo (twice!). What more could a Simmons girl ask for?

The day started off  in the kitchen with some extra baking of delicious pumpkin cupcakes. 
 Diane was cooking up the turkey and it smelled delicious. I thank the bird for sharing his oven warmth with my cupcakes. It is a Simmons tradition to deliver "gratitude" plates to dear friends.  I delivered a few that day...

I then continued the festivities with an early dinner (2pm) at Brian and Andrea's 

The meal was delicious and the table looked beautiful.  I was responsible for bringing the cranberry jello - grandma Kupfer's traditional Christmas dish.  I wont be in Sacramento for Christmas, so Brian requested I bring it to the Thanksgiving meal. (he really loves it!)
Andrea's family came to dinner as well. Hannah was delightful - she is starting to put words together in sentences -absolutely cute.  I did however, create a bit of a monster during dinner.  


She discovered the tastiness of great grandma Kupfers jello.  

She would point to it on my plate and loudly state "Jello!" 
To which I would say "Do you want some?"
She then said "YES!" (again, in a loud voice)

I stopped feeding her the jello for a while - to eat my own dinner. She then made noises (much like a growl) and loudly shouted "annon - Jello!" I tried to get her to say please, but all she would say was yes. She happily slurped her jello and I was able to get a thank you from her. 

After a rousing game of Bingo, the party was complete and I was off to round 2.  This was at Aunt Dianes.  It was such a fun gathering! The house was filled with happiness & warmth.  I arrived just in time to play bingo. (I cant play it too much!) There was plenty of crazy gifts and good sparkling cider to be had.  I will mention that later in the evening we played spoons. Oh, what fun it is to carry on traditions!

It was a great evening and the desserts were amazing! I didnt want to stop eating.  I also must give recognition to the fantastic sweet potatoe pie that came from the Dunnaway family. I think I dreamt about that dish for two nights in a row. It was so tasty. 

After some music, with Aunt Diane at the piano - I was off to round three at Sharelle & Ambre's house. They had a little desert party.  Lots of laughs were had and I continued to eat. I was full for the next two days!!!

I am reminded that I have much to be thankful for. Good friends, family, food, traditions, love, and happiness. I am especially thankful for my parents who are serving a mission, my Aunt who is an amazing woman and has been so generous and kind to share her heart and home with me, and to the Lord for blessing me richly. I have noticed his hand abundantly in my life - he truly has kept a watchful eye upon me and taken special care of me through the last few months.  I am thankful for so very much!

love & faith

Shannon


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP