Time

>> Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yes, its about 2am and I ought to be asleep. However, for those that know me, you know that I am an extreme night owl.

I was cleaning and organizing (a sort of therapy for my mind) and came across a list I made for myself a year ago yesterday along with a partial journal entry.

What was on the list and in the journal entry didnt shock me so much - the thoughts were fairly familiar and the tasks could have been written yesterday. What gave me reason to pause was the fact that its been a year.

A year.

Time comes and goes with little control. I have lightly reflected on the last year and resolved to be more aware of my minutes and happy in my heart. Because in another year, that time will have passed, I will be that much older and just as close or as far from the place I'd like to be.

Its funny how that works.

In my 7th grade zoology class, Mr. R had a quote that has stuck with me over the 15 years since sitting in room 4b.

time will pass, will you?


Nothing says pithy like dissection mixed with the smell of formaldehyde. All the same, its never a question of time, its a question of what we do with it.

Here's to another year better spent.




2 comments:

Mom/Cindy June 24, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Yes. I've found similar lists in my desk drawer with the same goals from years before. At least we're consistent. Love ya, Mom

Grampa Doug June 24, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Funny how time moves so slowly at certain points and then seems to have gone by at high speed as we look backward. It is always a longer journey to a place than to return home. Time never seems to pass quickly enough when we are anticipating something, but has blown by after the event has past.

Good luck in your next year. You own it.
Love
Elderdoug

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP