Midnight Rain in Virginia

>> Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My ideal of blogging daily has gone the way of a circular file, but I am here in DC and someday soon will put some pictures up of my latest discoveries.  But, to appease you, my gentle readers, and alleviate some of my feelings of "should be blogging" I am giving you an at the moment soundbyte.

Its midnight.  I have cracked the window open to let in the crashing sound of this late summer storm.  The crickets dont seem to mind the weather and  are chirping a melody to lull me into slumber. There is no other sound.  No cars, no talking, no bustling.  Just the rain and the crickets. And an occasional tin-tone when the rain hits the gutter pipe just right. Its pretty comforting and beautiful. 

I think I will crack open the other two windows in my room to get the full rainforest effect.  


2 comments:

Trisha September 23, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

How peaceful. What a treat. I miss those quiet moments to reflect.

Mom/Cindy September 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

I hear the crickets, but no rain. Nice touch with the sound effects. I remember those mid west sounds.
Love ya,
Me

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP