Big Real Estate News!

>> Monday, November 17, 2008



    I sold my summer cottage in Babylon today!

Unfortunately I didn't make any profit - after all is said and done, I believe I actually lost most of my principle associated with that investment. But, who am I kidding? Babylon is one of those crazy markets - it doesn't really seem to generate any increase on the investment. I guess its because the city is constantly expanding and new homes and high rises are being built all the time. It really seems to be one of the few places unaffected by todays failing economy. 

You know, at one point I was sold on the place - those clever time share guys really had me fooled!  I thought having a summer place would be a fun getaway - but, no one told me about the dangers and the crowds in babylon. I mean, the pictures were fantastic! Beaches, entertainment, the full scope of amenities! But the crowds were awful and the dangers were quite real. I had some really personal stuff stolen - and there are a lot of con-artists in that city. I kept my cottage because I thought it would be fantastic to visit the beach on occasion -  but I learned quickly that was not a good good idea. The yuppies are such piranha's to visitors!

Once people found out I was just a visitor (an infrequent one at that), they really started to harass me. They made fun of me for trying to live in "Zion." They tried to convince me that the Zion Housing Community was such a country town in comparison to the big city living of Babylon.  I am not going to lie, at the end of my hard-working days here in the unfinished Zion Housing Community it would be nice to relax - participate in some over- indulging activities and not have to work on my neighbors yard thats not completed.  It is a lot of hard work here in ZHC - but I have the promise of an amazing future - and an eventual mansion if I work hard enough!

The crazy time share people and Babylonian Luxury Condo neighbors invited me to stay - you know, become a full-time resident of Babylon! They told me once I gave up my unfinished house in the ZHC that I could easily transition my cottage into a mansion - all costs covered.It would be really fast - like 6 months fast! They have free transition programs with lots of perks. But, I noticed in the fine print (it was really hard to read) something about cutting off all communication with people in the ZHC and details about the poor workmanship on the house. There was some additional fine print that was blacked out - something regarding major losses and final days. I dont know - it seemed a little shady to me. 

I am completely happy with my real estate choice. I mean, its the ZHC or nothing, right?! I know the community isnt finished - heck, my house is far from done. But, the neighbors are nice and I feel safe at night. Occasionally drunk residents of the Babylonian Luxury condo's come and make fun of us - we are out at all hours of the day working on the neighborhood and visiting each other. Sometimes too salesman come - to try and get us to invest in the BLC - sometimes people buy into the pitch. 

I hope my experiences with the BLC and those weird time share folks will help others. Consolidate people! In this economy its time to cut your losses! And any investment in the BLC is a major loss. I went to pick up my stuff and prep the cottage for sale, but upon arrival I was appalled. My cottage was ransacked and looted. I think word got out that I was selling. People must have thought I was already gone. There were a couple pictures I brought back - family ones. Other than that I really just left the place as is. It was time to tighten up my investment portfolio and get my ducks in row.

I feel better now - more secure in my investments. When it comes to real estate you have to buy the right land - location, location, location, right?

Shannon

1 comments:

Trisha November 25, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Wow I am so glad that you joined ZHC. It will be the best and a little hard work is good for the soul.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP