Sunflowers, Sunshine & Sweetness

>> Sunday, October 11, 2009

"I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers consultin' with the rain." -Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz

What a lovely day! Today was filled with pure happiness.  I spent the first part of the morning hand picking my produce at the Eastern Market in the district. YUM! Lots of fresh produce to be had - all from the hands of local farmers. Basil, potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, zuccini, cucumber, bell pepper, and even some late growing peaches! 

After my little "shopping trip" it was off to a beautiful place called Crooked Run Orchard. Sitting about an hour outside of Arlington (where I live) is this charming family owned and operated orchard.  There was a lovely apple orchard, pumpkin patch and sunflower patch.  The weather held up and there was sunshine all afternoon.  And...anytime that I get to frolic in the flowers is a pretty good day!

Enjoy some pictures:







2 comments:

Mom/Cindy October 22, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

Who did you go with? Sounds fun. Beautiful sunflowers. You and they look great together. Beautiful picture of you.
Love ya, Mom

Shannon October 22, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

I went with Brent, Angela & her boyfriend and 2 kids. It was a fantastic day!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP