79 Minute Crawl

>> Monday, April 26, 2010


Monday, Monday....

Yes, it is monday.  I managed to get up ontime, get breakfast, pack my lunch and have a reasonable (short) conversation with my roomate this morning.  Sounds good, right? I feel ahead of the game. I wasn't cranky, felt nice and awake (a miracle considering my week, last week.)

I get in my car (ontime) where I proceed to the 395.  Its always a bit of a gamble - minutes are the differential in the dynamic of my daily commute from Virginia to Maryland.  40 minutes later I barely reach the GW. Most days the one mile distance between my house and the parkway takes about 15 minutes to reach.  By 9:30 I get to work and it starts pouring cats and dogs.  The drops were about the size of dimes!

Thankfully the drive was pretty - the heavy grey sky tinted the lush green foliage with this enchanting dew-like aura.  It kept my sanity in-tact during the 79 minute crawl...

Yep, its Monday. And I have a greatly exciting week ahead.  Nevermind the improper grammar dad, you can correct me when you arrive on Wednesday!

Speaking of my father, as a child of a folk music loving father, I promptly started singing song below as I sat down at my desk this morning.  The Mamas and The Papas never fail to bring a smile to my face and a strong voice of nostalgia to my ears. This song is for you, Monday.  And, you too Dad!



Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP