Dec-Orate the Hall with boughs....

>> Friday, December 3, 2010

Merry 3rd day of December! 

Below I have posted some pics of what the downstairs of my house looks like.  The mantle and tiny kichtke scene are my little brainstorm and heart.  After seeing some lovely ideas from the inspire co blog (check it out) I truly was inspired to create my own little “scene.” My roomate and I were up late bringing Christmas to the house.

I am currently doing a special little scene up in my bedroom. I am converting my dresser top into a fairy-like Christmas scene.  No pictures yet - I still am nowhere near being finished. But, its looking wonderful! This takes me a little longer because I have to make the main tree that will live there.
You see, my sister and I now have a Christmas thing. I buy her random jell-o molds and she insists that I create a pink tree. Every year. Every year!
How did this start? Strangly this evolved while participating in another annual sister tradition - the day after Christmas shopping. Forget all the craziness of black Friday, we hit the scenes after Christmas. Its always a ton of fun.  And we each find lots of treasures.  But, I digress.
So, about 3 or 4 years ago during one of these adventures - I found a baby pink feather tree. Since pink is my favorite color and I had just moved into a non-roomate living abode, I immediately snatched it up. My sister laughed. In a “i-love-that-you’re-my-crazy-quirky-buy-random-arsty-fartsy-sister” type of way.
It kinda stuck. The next year she saw a craft project with a Styrofoam and tissue tree. Which gave her the idea for ME to craft a yearly tree. That was pink. She doesn’t care about the color or the size - she just likes to have the carrot of a craft challenge in front of me. I dont mind.  Every year since, she asks about that what my tree is for the year (so does her daughters). 
Even with advance notice, I still seem to wait until December to craft up the tree.
But dont you fret. The goodness is coming. And this year I will even post a tutorial of how-to!








 And a picture of our lil' tree! We had fun putting up colored decorations and a bright pink star at the top! And since our house is full of singing, we invited our caroling friends to the party~


Merry Christmas!!!

1 comments:

Ashley December 7, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

Fantastic blog! You are so crafty, I love it. :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP