Warmer for my Legs

>> Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Almost overnight, the weather became officially "east coast cold." Being a transplant to the DC area, I still reference my coastal roots and constantly realize the ever-different weather patterns.

Yesterday was full of snow flurries and a wind that was so cold it stripped me of any warmth in my body.  Yes, its officially winter if anyone was in doubt.

My solution? Legwarmers.  The idea? I've had a sweater (which by itself would be ill-fitting and not attractive) sitting on my project pile for a couple weeks now. I've been intending to create a skirt from it.  I stole the idea from another blog. This morning, I began work on that project. After cutting the arms off, I realized the potential amid the warm woolen stitchery.

"The 80's would be jealous of these legwarmers."

So, yes, I whipped these up this morning before work. Here's how you can protect your legs from the chill (or just have some cute oversized "leg - cowels")

Step 1: Find an old sweater. The thrift store is an excellent place to start. Or maybe your roomate's closet.


Step 2: Cut off the arms. Nothing I do is an exact science, but its best to stick along the seaming. 


Step 3: Begin stitching along the cut portion.  I used some fun contrasting medium weight yarn. I hand stitched the seam in true Tim Burton-esque fashion.


Step 4: Continue stitching along the top.  The extra portion of the sleeve that isn't stitched together can be folded down when you're wearing the warmers, so this is just for decorative purpose.


Enjoy!!! These are nice & toasty on such a cold winters morn/afternoon/eve!!!




2 comments:

Trisha December 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

I guess you didn't call mom. They are cute on you.

Hi-D December 18, 2010 at 2:17 AM  

I like them. On you, I like them a lot!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP