Indians and the Princess...

>> Thursday, April 9, 2009

Just last week, a coworker of mine mentioned to me "you're always doing fun things."

Hmmm.

I first just let that comment roll away, but then I caught it and thought about it.

Yep, I guess I am.

I think that comes from two things -
1. My natural quirky personna
2. The "get up early and drive real fast" function gene in my being.
For those of you unfamiliar with the UEDRF (short for Up Early Drive Real Fast) gene, let me explain- It may simply be an undiscovered genetic part of you too!

My mother is known near and abroad for her ability to plan and pack. All growing up, we had many family trips that were packed full of museums and hisorical sights (for my father, the history teacher) and sightseeing galore. So as not to miss any portion of the land and terrain we were visiting, my mother would rustle up us 4 children and corral us into the car at the weeeeeee hours of each day. Then we would go everywhere. We would see all kinds of interesting and fasinating places (mostly because my mom worked hard to research what was in the area.) Out loud we all complained about our "vacation" schedule. But, if we had to admit the truth, I think we all would state our enjoyment. (off the record only)

Between those two things I like to spend my days off and free time doing things. Fun things, interesting things, clever things, random things, educational things. I like it.

Most recently I went canoing with a friend down the American River. (thanks dad for the borrowage of red canoe. it worked swell). What made this trip a little uniqe was the text I recieved from my friend Scott. He texted me the following message the day before we were to launch. "Feel free to dress up like an Indian Chief if you'd like."

I think he was trying to be funny. He doesnt know me very well....

Below is our adventure....7 and 1/2 miles of the Indian princess and Huck Finn observing natives, wildlife and burning calories down the river.....

1 comments:

Grampa Doug May 17, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

You're welcome.
What ever happened to Scott?
Elder Doug

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP