Light Bulbs

>> Thursday, April 2, 2009

For those that live close to me, the last few months have been an intense search for purpose and direction. Reading between the lines -- a new career.


Perhaps I am having a .33 % life crisis (I will be 29 in just a few short months), perhaps I am shifting my wieght around as a "mid single" or maybe I am just eternally restless. I am not quite sure.

In this time, I have grown fond of and had more appreciation for the great founder of the light bulb. Instead of being irritated at all the things that didnt create the end he was looking for, he simply chalked it up to research and education. I am striving to be a bit more like Edison. These are some of the things I have learned that "I didnt know before"

1. Working as a display coordinator isnt in my future. Unless I somehow miraculously become the favored child, change political views and/or make alliances with my sm, ssm, and dsm. (not likely)
2. I really love so-cal. I mean a lot. The job market is tough and cost of living much higher than nor cal.
3. I am not interested in being a lawyer.
4. Masters degrees entitle you to stating (on a professional level) the opinions and life experience you already have.
5. Most masters programs only admit applications in the fall. For the following year. No exception. No kidding. At least I could be real ahead the game if I I wanted to apply for 2010!
6. I like money. Money is functional. I am currently not making very much of it. (I think I knew this before).
7. Desk jobs = complete insanity
8. I like family advocacy work --- dont have the translation of a career path for that yet.
9. Networking is critical.
10. Being on stage is amazing. Performing my music is amazing. Going on a two city tour was beautifully fun! Finishing my cd is slow, but very exciting. living off the money i've made doing all that....not likely!

Tune in next time for more Shannons life lessons resulting from searching for her career path. Now its time for a siesta. A really LONG siesta....

1 comments:

Trisha April 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Loveing it. So what is going on with BYU?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP