Landscape

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010


I just finished skype calling my parents.  Good chat.  My dad mentioned something that stuck out to me.  
No matter the changing landscape, one still has to learn to live with oneself.  


Whether  my physical presence is in Sacramento, LA or DC, I as a person, am still here. So, one had best know and love that person and not merely the local. This last weeks has been a lesson about being kinder to myself.  Three people have told me to be kinder to myself over the course of a week and a half.  Because I am rough with myself I don’t always enjoy the journey.  So, I continue to have that as my goal.  Be kind with myself.  Don’t become entrapped with what I am not doing and not good at.  Let go of unnecessary burdens.  Love others with an open heart.  Allow moderate frustration but only enough to effectively move me forward.  See clearly the good things I am a part of and the vision of what I can do. Allow my soul to breathe and to relax. To truly feel and enjoy.

So I give a present to myself.  I would encourage you to do it to.  I present myself with kindness. Remembering that I do love life and all its funny quirks. Remembering that I am strong and able.  Remembering that I am lovely and loved. And you are too.

Life doesn’t go as planned.  Its not so rigid as to stay static.  The same picture of life can be perceived in many ways.  It zooms and swirls.  Its happy and real as a summer rainstorm.  We can take that and embrace it; own it; know it. We can then know ourselves. Or we can fear it, close down around it, pull the blinds over it and thus render ourselves strangers to our own souls.

This week as I have been kinder to my self, I have tasted again of bliss. Of untainted laughter.  I have worked hard and pushed to meet goals.  I have shared and been taught.

So I am glad the landscape has changed. Because in this change, I have changed.  Or rather, realized I am the same and have loved all the more.

1 comments:

Mom/Cindy January 23, 2010 at 4:45 AM  

Enjoyed our visit.
Love ya, Mom

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP