Ahhhhh Spring

>> Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am sitting by the window, barefoot, watching the last moments of light creep over the edge of the earth.  The birds are singing a song of dusk and there is a breeze coming into my window. Granted, that breeze is getting a bit chilly at 730pm, but I cant bring myself to close it quite yet....my feet are remembering what its like to be undressed.  I painted them this afternoon - a nice mango like color.


This morning on my drive to work, I began to really notice a soft glow on all of the trees - the beautiful budding process that provides a touch of color to the once dormant trees.  It brought a smile to my face as I tried not to slow down traffic by this tiny grandeur of nature.

Prior to my "life on the east coast" I hadn't give much thought to seasons.  Sacramento has an anemic fall, a rainy winter a sneeze of spring and a nice long hot summer.  There just isnt a lot of time spent on the seasons out there! Since the winters are mild, spring just eases on in with very little procession or fanfare.

Having now experienced a bit of summer, a longer fall and one snowy winter my eyes are adjusted to seeing tiny changes in weather and nature.  Just coming off the closing cusp of a cold, cold winter, I embrace even the smallest glimmer of spring.  Longer daylight, sunlight and warmth - the tender process of budding and breathing - almost as if nature is exhaling the chill and solitude of winter.  There is a tangible anticipation and eagerness for spring.

So, I continue sitting here, mango toes and open window, squeezing the last drops of dusk and hoping that the 55 degree weather high this afternoon will remain just a bit longer on my skin.

3 comments:

Devany March 17, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

Love the pic of the buds. I'm going to go home and paint my nails green asap. I felt exactly the same way yesterday! YAY Spring!!!!

Mom/Cindy March 20, 2010 at 6:00 AM  

I love spring, too. Nice description. Pretty pics, too.

Love ya, Mom

Anonymous,  March 25, 2010 at 3:08 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP