Kite Festival & Cherry Blossom Festival

>> Tuesday, March 30, 2010

For those of you that know me, I have a life list.  These days people are calling it a "bucket list." I have had my life list for years - since at least the start of college.  I've added to it, adjusted it, laughed at myself and generally love my list.

The Cherry Blossoms in DC have been on the list for a few years now. And, I can say that this past Saturday, I experienced them. They arent in full bloom, and I was one of hundreds who enjoyed the spectacle...but, the point is that I sailed through another hearts desire.

Saturday was the start of the Cherry Blossom festival - a festival which welcomes spring and celebrates the gift of 200 cherry blossom tree's given to our nation from Japan many, many years ago.  As a part of the kick off festival, there is a Kite Festival.  So much fun and bliss to be had.  I have it on good authority that kite flying on the national mall is ONLY allowed on this one day.  So, I have done that too.

Here is a small selection of my photographic bliss from the day...more to come as I spend some early mornings over the next week at the tidal basin with my beautiful, elegant, PINK cherry blossoms...


2 comments:

Hi-D April 4, 2010 at 1:27 AM  

way to live the life list. Beautiful!

Grampa Doug April 4, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

Loved the pictures, especially the girl in pink with the sun glasses. The last one of the monument with the sun is reminiscent of the 2001 Space Odyssey picture of the big black slab.

The blossoms were beautiful. I snagged a few of your pictures for my gallery.

Thanks for the post. Love you.
Dad

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP