Busboy's and Back Bra's

>> Monday, January 3, 2011

Yes.  Its the New Year.  Welcome to 2011 my friends! I have a lot to say about the New Year (how I celebrated, what my resolutions are, etc) but this post will be skipping over that in favor of tonights experiences.


I met up with friends Ashley and Heather at Busboys and Poets for an evening of catch-up and open mic poetry.  We were definitely in for a treat. While we enjoyed the courage of most of the poets as well as the intent behind the evening, in the end we felt striped of some innocence -- as our crowd and performers focused on some intense and (at times) graphic topics. Toward the end, our ears had enough and we walked out. 

We decided we needed to sit in a clean room for recovery.

Thankfully we had a great time prior to the open-mic; enjoying excellent food in a great atmosphere. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE this place. And the open-mic I attended last year wasn't the same. Tonight must have been an extra-special treat.

As we were sitting outside of the reading room, we were talking and laughing. Discussing resolutions (my giving up diet coke ---blerg) and our interests in picking up yoga (so to avoid the poor fate of becoming old hunchbacks) at which point Ashley interjects:

"I was reading in the skymall magazine on my flight back to DC and was this close to buying a back bra...."

***major laughter from Heather and I*****

My laughter was only half in jest because I sit on backless stools everyday as I teach computer classes -- only encouraging the onset of early hunchback syndrome.....and I asked again where I might find one of these back bra's....

"Well, I have seen them on amazon too..."

Maybe they have a two-for-one deal? We then roped Heather into this plan and thought we should get some sort of bulk discount...

We will be starting a back-bra collection fund for any interested parties ... no, seriously....


And while this wasn't the winning haiku from the B&P contest earlier tonight, I'm sharing it all the same. Nothing says classic literature like a 5-min-to-compose poem!

New Beginnings:

Its January
twelve months of time to make change
and take the future

1 comments:

Ashley January 4, 2011 at 12:24 AM  

Bahahahahahaa tears in my eyes... that was hilarious.
Back bras all around!
:)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP