Happy Halloween!

>> Friday, October 31, 2008

Yes, a happy halloween to all. There was a pumpkin my mom had that would squeel this phrase when you squeezed its hand. My niece Makhail loved this sound and soon after began imitating the phrase. I think of her on halloween and both those little voices!


I am not a big halloween fan. Those higher up who are in charge of me seemed to know this and my work schedule is late today! Wahoo. I get to avoid the whole mess. Besides, its rainy right now, so I just want to curl up with hot cocoa and a good flick tonight!

I am posting a brief update regarding my prop 8 calls. Thank you to Sara - you are sweet to read & comment. I didnt know you were checking this blog out & I am glad that my words were of some value to you!

This morning on the phone was pretty busy! I actually spoke with quite a few people.  My fave phrase for the day is:

"It takes two to tango, do you know what I mean?"
-an older woman named Doris (please, please Doris, I dont need that visual...and I hope you were referencing heterosexual couples....yikes!)

To catch up on the days prior....last night was very uneventful. Wait, wait, I take that back! How could I forget being called.....

"You're a bigot. A bigot. Enjoy it." *snarl*
-some middle aged man. (Oh, I will enjoy it sir. Thank you for telling me what I am. Please put that on the list of being a tree, a celebrity look-a-like, a crazy, a shrimp, well you get the idea.)

And then the night before. Oh yes, my most memorable call yet. 

First this woman insulted me for not having enough education (a BA is apparently not high enough on the qualification scale), not being intellectual, not being open minded, and the last (my personal favorite), not having any children. Yep. I dont lie folks. Thats truly what happened.  Nevermind the fact that all of her gay friends dont have children, or that she is being cynical and narrow minded by judging me for all of the things I apparently lack. Nope. That would be rational folks. And most of those arguing for the "civil rights" of homosexuals arent using logic or reason. 

They are playing the same cards over & over again!!!!! Please, get some new arguments. I am very tired of the same, limp rhetoric that you are laying out on the table. Freshen up the produce people. Get some new meat - whats laid out is so so STALE!

She ended the call by yelling:

"You're an idiot!"

Well, and idiot I am not. I actually thank her for her conversation. It bolstered my argument that the opposition is weak, irrational and attack seeking.

Happy Halloween friends. Dont get scared by the opposition. 

Shannon

3 comments:

Hawkeye October 31, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

Shannanigans,

Nice blog. You got skillz. I love the stories about calling. People are hilarious. My faves were, "prop 8 is the stupidest thing in the UNIVERSE!" and "you're a gender racist." and the always great, "Go to H!" keep it up, its worth it - tommy

Shannon Simmons October 31, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

thanks Tommy. You keep it up too!!!! YOu make me smile...is that a shooting star?

Phil Ronzone November 7, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

Every call where someone called me a bigot ended with me being very polite and them getting absolutly nutst that they couldn't get under my skin. Had one person try to start a fit with me over the phone and you culd just hear the hatred and fustration at not being able to tick me off, dripping through the headset.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP