The Final Stretch in the Fight

>> Sunday, November 2, 2008

Today is Sunday. Two more days until election day. I have mixed emotions as the election draws incredibly nigh. On the one hand, I am excited to have this finished. On the other, I am going to miss the challenge & the blessing of this sacrifice. My life has had added blessings that I am grateful for!


Tomorrow night all the YSA's are to have calling parties and raise "title of liberties." At 9, we are to have a closing prayer to wrap up our efforts and bless the voters. I am quite sad that I will not be able to participate in this event. Truly I am sad. I have to work my regular closing shift. I hope they will include me in the photo somehow. (Some of the brethren are asking us to take pictures of these calling parties & banners in order to put together a book for the first presidency - I want to be remembered as one of the saints who chose the prophets path!)

There were some interesting quotes from my calls last night, but they all inspired another blog post which I will write. As I look outside, its Sunny. I have discovered that the Lord enjoys His sabbath to be a beautiful day in addition to it being a day of rest.  We have had pretty constant rain over thursday, Friday & Saturday. But not today. Its a good reminder of who is in charge.

I am a bit more reserved today as I ponder the fast I am partaking in and offer up my sacrifice to the Lord in hopes that we may win prop 8.

I have fought with all my heart and offered up all I can in this war to preserve traditional marriage. I can say that with an honest heart and I pray that my sacrifice along with the sacrifice of so many others will be honored and our prayers will be granted. 

Regardless of the outcome I know who's side I am on. The line is drawn and there is no mistake as to which side I have chosen. 

I may be persecuted (I have a slight feeling that my intentions are known at my work place, a place that is filled with those who support & live the nontraditional lifestyle), I may be mocked, I may be unpopular, I may be uninvited, I may be old-fashioned, I may be called naive, I may be called a bigot or an idiot, I may be laughed at, I may lose friends, I may be all this and more, but above all this I stand on Truths side. My colors are clear, my heart is resolute and my feet will not falter.

To all those that may oppose, bring on the heat. I have the Master Fire Fighter at the front of my battalion.


With courage,
Shannon

1 comments:

smalls November 3, 2008 at 12:13 AM  

HOLY crap Shannon that was awesome! I echo everything you just said and love your comments.. your kids are proud of you as they are watching now over you and cheering you on.
- Brian

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP