He Know Us...

>> Monday, November 10, 2008


With my recent involvement in prop 8 came the reminder that I like campaigning. Now, to those of you who know me or my family, this isnt new news. I am the youngest of four and a typical baby of the family at that. I love to be in the middle, I love to talk, I love to know what is going on and I love to sell. When there is a cause or service or brand I truly believe in, I am one of the best advertisements!!!!

I was reminded of this passion as I sat making phone calls and talking to people. I had a bit of a guilty conscience when my friends told me how hard it was to get on the phones. I actually looked forward to the time & loved being on the phone! (It was a wasnt that hard for me...)

So this brought me to a thought. The thought is about getting involved with a family advocacy group. I am not sure whether it would be full time (I would love that) or part, local or in another city, paid, non-paid. I havent really figured out all the details. But, I just love the idea of doing advocacy work. 

(I know, I know, I have said this about a lot of things. And I have tried a lot of things!)

As I have been pondering, I decided to ask for a blessing. I received that last night.  It was very sweet and helped to give me some insight and comfort. 

I was also touched by the imagery used in the blessing. And it struck me again how well our Heavenly Father knows each of us. I am an artist, a reader, a dreamer. I dont do well with statistics, or boxes, or really analytical concepts. But, imagery and poetry speak to my soul on a different level. And that was what the blessing was full of. 

It was sweet to be reminded of our Gods love. He speaks to us as we individually need to be spoken to. He wants his own purposes to be accomplished and he is the Master Leader. He knows how to direct and instruct each one of us, on an individual level. 

Pretty awesome!

with faith & courage
Shannon


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP