Day 4 ... meet me in St. Louis, Louis, meet me at the fair..

>> Monday, August 17, 2009

Last night was spent in Luxury - and not by our own doing.  The benefactors will remain anonymous - I dont want to embarrass them. But, these fine folks were kind enough to use some reward points on our behalf and put us up in a fine Marriott.  Not only was the room beautiful, but we were on an executive, private floor. We had to use our room key in the elevator to access it.  We also got a really nice complimentary "concierge service" breakfast.  You know who you are and I thank you, again.

Big brother is watching...even in Omaha..!
And you can make your home feel like your home away from home...it will only cost $150 for that nice Marriott lamp...
I know, I am setting a really bad example for the kids.  Kids, close your eyes. I couldnt help myself.  It was a feather bed, just like Denver sang about..geez, I feel like I know the man so well...


We traveled through a Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa on our way to Missouri (pronounced appropriately as Mih-sir-uh).   I now have a strong affinity for the heartland of America.  A drive through this part of the country should be on everyone's list.  It is charming.  Certainly filled with corn, corn and more corn - yet it has an understated beauty about its rolling grasses, winding two-lane roads and moderate pace. 

Our first stop of the day was Adam-on-Diamon.  A beautiful lush piece of land that has special historical meaning to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day-Saints.
You can see how masterful the roof rack and tarps look amidst the scenery....
Here is a great view of the hillside...
A pretty little monarch that I talked into posing...
Heidi having fun and excited because she is "a little bit taller"
Our neighborhood Amish buggy...

Our end destination was the Arch in St. Louis. This was Heidi's first time! If anyone wants to go, dont bother with the movie - its about 30 minutes too long and NO one wants to see Uncle Rico wearing a hard hat...okay, there was some entertaining 70's style cinematography...
Heidi against the arch!

A really cool carving!

We ate a late late dinner and then went to our hotel - pretty tired...but another exciting day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP