December in DC

>> Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Dear Readers:

I have a few family members, a few "blog stalkers" (You KNOW who you are) and probably a few strangers that follow my blog.  Thank you.  Somehow its gratifying to know that my words in cyberspace are being read by a small mass.

That being said, I have not posted a thing about December. And a lot went on, so here is a recap in highlights.(Starting with the front of December and not including Christmas. I will do that separately.)


1. I got a job! Hooray.  I work at a non-profit organization called The Madison House Foundation.  We do advocacy and education for individuals aging with autism. Since its a small organization, everyone does everything and I do a mix of marketing & PR, along with assisting the owner and really whatever needs to happen to help the organization run.  So far its amazing.  I have the liberty to do things in the manner that I choose and I feel like my daily work has real purpose. Here is a sunset view from a window at work.


2.  The "tri-state" area (this is DC, VA & MD) got hit by a major snowstorm. Trisha, Doug, Cindy and anyone else from a real snowy place, dont feel as though we are trying to one-up you.  For us, apparently this was a big deal.  20 inches of snow in about a 30 hour period.  Everyone was snowed in.  The monday after the terrific storm, all the Federal buildings were closed.  That rarely happens.  I suppose the big deal was that there arent enough resources to clean up the snow since we dont get dumped on like that very often.  I work at a house in Potomac (which is a beautiful sprawling city in the county of Montgomery, MD) and got snowed in at work.  Thank heavens I work with nice people and had my camera.

Here are a few shots of the incredible snow scape.




3. I went to NYC! I have been there in the past, but never during the Christmas season.  What a beautiful place. There truly is an energy and a creative rush that rests with New York.  Prior to my move to DC, I wouldn't have ever considered the possibility of living in New York.  I am still not sure that I would want to live there. However, I know I could should I choose to.  And what an exciting place it is.  Not a lot of yard space, but a fascinating place all the same.  Here are a couple pics from the big apple: holiday style:


Next up: Christmas

1 comments:

Grampa Doug January 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

Great pictures. Another coffee table book.
Dad

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP