I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

>> Friday, December 25, 2009




Okay, so I lucked out.  No dreaming needed, I had a white Christmas this year.  I was able to fly to Utah and spend my holiday break with Trisha, Chris, Sara and Mak.   We had a blast in the kitchen...there was sooooo much food: gingerbread cookies, persimon cookies, brownies, 2 jello salads, bread, cinnamon rolls, the traditional Christmas egg souffle, ham, beans, and many other little delights crafted up by big and small hands alike.  Mak is very happy to be a "sous chef" these days and we put her to work.  All of these delights were made over the course of 2 days and had yet to be finished off when I left a week later.


Christmas day was wonderful! Lots of fantastic presents, more delicious food and grandma Kupfer's traditional Christmas Jell-o.  While looking up the recipe for Cranberry jell-o salad, we (Trish & I)found a strangely intriguing new recipe. Since it was entitled Candy Cane Salad, we knew it had to be attempted.  Which gives us jell-o salad #2 and a new addition to Christmas dinner.




The girls had a great time in their pj's on Christmas morning...

And us adults enjoyed watching and drinking hot cocoa during the unwrapping fun...

And a lovely dinner with coconut birthday cake completed our very nice Christmas celebration.



I would like to say that I am grateful for this time of year when we join together and celebrate God's great gift to man - the gift of His Son.  Who gave us some of the greatest gifts ever to be had.  The gift of eternal life, eternal love and a way back to the presence of our Heavenly Family.  I praise God's name and I praise the life and love of Jesus Christ who we celebrate on this day.  Merry Christmas.

1 comments:

Mom/Cindy January 3, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

What a nice Christmas with family and tradition. Sounds like the food was yummy, too. Good job, girls!

Love ya, Mom

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP