O Tanenbaum....

>> Thursday, December 24, 2009


Christmas Trees.

I love them. Put that together with my love of pink and you have a winning combo! With my relic pink feather Christmas tree in my repertoire, it was time to build upon my collection. (yes, you heard me correctly. Pink. Feathers. In the shape of a Christmas tree.)

This year, my sister Trisha, provided me with the inspiration for a new tree. A pink tissue tree. The original form was tissues tacked to a styrofoam cone.  However, I dislike styrofoam, and tacks are tacky. So, I created my own version. 



Dip dyed (by hand) pink tissues. Use any shade of pink Rit Dye. 
(my first attempt with pomegranate juice failed)


Sticks from the back yard. Birchy like ones are pretty. 


Floral tape.  Brownish burgundy looks swell. Green might be a little too kitchky. 



McGyver it up and you have a lovely little decoration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP