Confessions of a computer nerd..

>> Monday, October 25, 2010

Admittedly, I am a nerd. 


I wear glasses, work for a really big technology company, and geek out with the best of 'em when new gadgets and updates and whizzy fun stuff happens for my phone and computer. I know. I know. I am a nerd. Furthermore, I know not everyone is as savvy or interested in the tech world as I am. 

I am ok with that.

But, I am not ok when others treat their computers like its going to eat them alive. Or that its alive and going to explode unless you loudly and vehemently crack down on it.

Take my current coffee shop buddy. 

We're all sitting in lovely company of soothing jazz music - plunking away at our personal computers eeking out the last few drops of work for the day. And here he sits. Attacking his computer. I wish I could take a picture. I am really worried that there are weights attached to his fingers. Or maybe their are invisible moles popping up from the keys - like that arcade game where you had to "pop" the mole over the head.

Regardless, its kinda funny.  Loudly he punches the keys: "BAM BAM BAM" and furious clicks on the mouse "PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH" like rapid fire. 

Sir, there's really no need to abuse your computer so.  It will respond the same whether you type naturally or beat it to a pulp- touch sensitivity isnt a part of your 4 year old HP keyboard. I promise. I truly promise.

2 comments:

Scottfunkel October 26, 2010 at 1:39 AM  

It's kinda like those old ladies that talk on the phone extra loud when it's a long distance call. You don't need to yell louder for the sound to travel farther.

Shannon Simmons November 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

I am just reading your comment. hahahahahaha. Very very true. Love 'em, but people need to not be so annoying...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP