Beached Whales

>> Sunday, July 19, 2009


Curious?

I am going to pose a question that was recently asked of me.  Take a moment and reflect on your answer.

Question: "Why do beached whales stay beached?"

**** dont jump ahead until you have thought about an answer ****

Here is the situational dynamics of a beached whale:

beached whale is a whale which has become stranded on land, usually on a beach. Beaching is often fatal for whales, as they become dehydrated and die. Some die when their lungs are suffocated under their own weight or drown when high tides cover their blowholes. Humans sometimes try to save beached whales; however, such efforts are not always successful.

Interesting to think about, right? My Auntie and I were talking recently about a big decision I had made. (dont jump ahead to that either folks. quit being so antsy!) I was nervous and wondering if I could really pull through, if I could manage it, if it was right, if I should...well, you get the point. She stopped me and asked that question.

It was a question that stopped me dead in my tracks. I dont think I ever answered her. I dont know. They are big. I dont know that they are super intelligent, but really I had no clue. her answer was simple and effective in redirecting and reminding me of my path.

Answer: "They are too afraid to get back in the water."

Yep. There you have it. And now, placed in a prominent place in my room hangs a qoute. The qoute? "You are not a beached whale." I like it. Lets liberate our personal beached whales folks! Get back in the water and swim back to where you belong - the big, big ocean. Whales dont belong on the shore. Sure, the sandy beaches are nice and inviting. But, that isnt the whales rightful place.

Oh, the big decision? You want to know?

After much prayer and consideration, I am moving to Washington, DC. I am swimming into the big ocean folks! Here comes a cross - country drive and a big big adventure!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP