Shan-Louise

>> Sunday, July 19, 2009

At the express interest of my cousin, Michelle, I am posting this entry. 

Today at our regular Sunday Supper, somehow nicknames came up.  No one really knew that I called my sister Fish (her real name is Trisha) and then I divulged that she calls me Shan-Louise. 

All growing up, my sister wanted me to have a middle name. I didnt have one.  She wanted to have something catchy to call me. Most people shorten Shannon to Shan and call it good. Thats really been the only nickname I've had. Well, that and Spaz or little one. (curteousy of Rich Brandon. thanks Rich)

Then one day it just evolved. My sister got her wish. She could now stand clear cross the house and shout in full voice "Shan-louise!"Its stuck. Although, she is the only one that calls me that. 

But upon reflection Michelle and I decided that we find comfort in nicknames. Its an expression of love and closeness. 


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP