Coast to Coast Compost!

>> Tuesday, September 14, 2010

For my roomies...they know me as the "gardner."


Early this year, I ventured into independent gardening - a huge leap from the tandem gardening (more like my dad does 80%, I did 20%) of my youth.  

With that came a desire to compost. 

After all, my aunt composts, my dad composts, I bought an organic gardening book and found a free container via the Maryland County "green" program.  (thank you maryland tax payers).

And so it began.  My roomies were very kind and didnt complain too much about the closed container I kept (and still keep) on the counter to collect kitchen scraps acceptable in the heap.

Now? Well, my composting is alive and well.  I just had a conversation with my father and he apparently just created a two tier compost bin so my parents can REALLY be organic gardeners.  This I have to see.

So, in honor of my fathers two-tier compost bin. I post this entry.  And share a link to a great list of everything compostable. (just click on the header of this entry)

And a link to my Youtube Video on composting. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2O8vJsDoF0

Enjoy and happy gardening!!

1 comments:

Grampa Doug September 21, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

Thanks for the cameo appearance on your blog. Yes, the compost pile is in place and I am trying to figure out how to make it convenient for mom to give me the appropriate stuff. Any ideas?
Love the post.
Dad

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP