I De-chair!

>> Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today's project was going to be some sewing related.


See, I have proof:

Then, I got this fantastic idea for a slip cover - no sewing required! I mean, I love sewing, but by the time I got home, got a snack and was ready to be crafty, it was already about 930 - and the downstairs space (where the sewing machine is) was occupied...so thus, the decision to switch gears.

Cosmetic Consult:

  1. boring *yawn* chair
  2. boring *yawn* chair


Supplies Needed:
  1. 2 Pillow cases. Matching are best. I picked mine up at a thrift store for $1 each!
  2. Ribbon
  3. Saftey Pins (optional)
Plastic Surgery:
  1. Take the first pillow case and drape it over the back of the chair as though it were a pillow.  Invert the upper corners to avoid the whole "ugly pointy corner" look."
  2. with the second pillow case, cover the seat chair. 
  3. At this point you can choose to saftey pin the bottom pillow case to a bit of the drapey fabric of the top pillow case. Its not necessary, but if there are small animals or children around which would prevent the case from staying in place on its own, small saftey pins will keep your project in tact.
  4. Tie your ribbon around the top of the chair.  You can use matching or contrasting ribbon and I just chose to use bits I had leftover around the house.
Presto! You're done. In under 10 minutes and for less than $5! Unless you needed to buy the chair at the thrift store too...Here's your finished work:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP