Bits & Pieces

>> Thursday, September 30, 2010

A week has flown by since my last post - so much for daily blogging. 


I am listening to the beautiful rain - apparently there has been a flash flood advisory in effect today. Meh.

Todays project came by way of baking. I worked a closing shift which put me at the office at 11am.  I was going to be adventurous and get up early to work on projects, etc. 

The reality? I stayed in bed while it poured outside. So much for productivity. 

However, I did get some creation done today.  Kitchen creation in the form of cookies.  Remember, I work with a LOT of guys.  The gals I work with closely are vegan. I'm not too comfortable cooking vegan friendly, so my baking treats end up in the welcome mouths of my male coworkers. Its an easy way to bring happiness to the team.

Proof that they were kinda tasty....(I had the tin of cookies out for about three hours - there were at least 2 dozen cookies in the tin)


Bits & Pieces Cookies

Start with your fave chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Add:

1 banana
1 tbs of cocoa
2 tsp of oil
3 (ish) handfuls of butterscotch chips 
2 (ish) handfuls of dried cranberries

I added an extra 1/2C of flour to the recipe along with an extra teaspoon of baking soda. Partially because of my lame oven and the altitude i'm at, and partially because the banana and oil made the dough a little too sticky for proper baking.

Its not exact. Believe me when I say I didnt pass chemistry. (well, maybe I passed, but barely got by). I just like to experiment with whatever ingredients sound good and happen to be on hand.

Enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP