Isn't about...time?

>> Wednesday, September 22, 2010

After a decent nights sleep and a walk through Anthropologie (during my lunch break) I was sufficiently renewed artistically speaking. 



Today's project involved my bathroom. I have had two non-funtioning clocks in that space for quite some time now...and tonight was the night for changing that...  The large clock on the wall is in need of a heart transplant, so I decided to save that surgery for another day.  

As for clock #2,  plastic surgery was in order - definitely a Wednesday night worthy project. 

Cosmetic Consult:
  • ultra ugly high gloss shine (making the overall appearance cheap and juvenille...plus I just dont like the look of most plastics)
  • bland, over - modern design
  • dead battery

The supplies:
  • hot glue gun (seriously, I love this tool - I fixed a pair of shoes while I waited for the clock to dry...)
  • twine
  • brown stamp pad
  • shells (you mean everyone doesnt have a bag of hand collected sea shells lying around?)
  • sander block (or sand paper)
How To:
  1. Use sander block to take the shine off the clock - no need to be gentle. Criss cross your sanding patterns to give the clock's paint a nice distressed, dulled down finish.  This also gives it the appearance of wood.
  2. Wrap the twine around the body of the clock. Feel free to criss cross this as well - be creative and keep it interesting. Hot glue the end of the twine to keep it from unravelling.
  3. Hot glue shells where you wish.
  4. Use the brown stamp pad to further distress the front of the clock.
  5. Replace the dead battery

Ta- da! Here's the finished work!


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP