Daily Inspiration

>> Tuesday, September 14, 2010


I always love a daily dose of good inspiration.  I never know the time or the form creativity will hit me.  Sometimes I am awed by the incredible design and vibrant hue of a flower, other days its another creative person and some days its a memory.
Today - on my lunch break, the inspiration was in a form of a memory - and I smelled it long before I saw it.  Sweet, light notes of vanilla, and a heavy association to the color blue. 
Tobacco. (Now, young readers, dont get any brilliant ideas. I am NOT supporting tobacco consumption.  The stuff will eventually kill you.)
There is a certain warmth and long standing connection between me and the smell of tobacco.  I used to run errands for my dads business and one of the men he worked with was a regular pipe smoker. Also, our neighborhood locksmith (yes, they used to have those back when I was growing up) was tobacco pipe guy. I tend to associate a bit of family, younger/carefree days and the jingling bell of shop front door with the scent.
Its funny how one sniff of the fumes brings a flood of collective memories to mind in just a matter of seconds.  
Here is the smoke shop:



I like the indian statue selling tobacco for 5 cents.  He’s kinda cute.
Now that my 30 before 30 project is done - I need a new “collection” or “installation” to do in the mini-series I call my creative life.  After some careful consideration, I have decided to have a “daily dose” of creativity.  Each day I am going to do something creative - that in itself isnt anyting new - I really do try and find inspiration and create art each day, but now I am going to really hold myself accountable AND blog about it.  No excuses. Daily blogging and daily creation.
And no spill overs. Even though I managed to get in a couple moments of craftiness yesterday, it wont count for today. 
This is including but not limited to the following catagories:
music
photography
headbands
inventions
“found objects”
sewing/reworking vintage clothing
repurposing objects
painting
cards/paperwork
stamping
graphic design
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP