Delicious indulgence....

>> Saturday, May 23, 2009


As I sit here writing this post, I am thinking about just what could have occured today to provoke this binge I am about to share....

My siblings will be the first to tell you I am a bit of a bird when it comes to eating. Not due to the amount, but simply due to the severe lack of meat I eat. While most of my family (actually, all of my family) enjoys eating meat on a regular basis, I just dont. I eat red meat a couple times a month at most and other protein a couple times a week. To clarify for any carnivorous souls out there that is 2 servings per week, generally speaking. And yes, I am happy and relatively healthy. And yes to any mothers out there, I make sure to get protein from soy and nuts to substitute. No need to worry....

Focus. Focus back on the story.....


While driving to work today, I had this intense craving for in-n-out. For the next few hours, I took joy in the fact that during my lunch break I was going to enjoy a hamburger and fries. And thats exactly what i did. It was delicious. Sorry sis, I wasnt going to tell you because I didnt want to make you jealous....the hamburger was warm and the tomato was cold. This action alone wasnt too crazy, after all I do eat meat.

Its what happened later that was a little bit of a shocker.

I went about my day and closed the store with my team. And then, it creeped up on me. I wanted to go back to in-n-out and eat another hamburger. Really. I just wanted round two as much as I wanted round one. I asked my coworker, Lexy, if that was bad. She laughed and said "i wont judge you for it." other co-workers reminded me I was about to go on vacation.

So, gentle readers, I went back!

I know, I know. Such random gluttony. 2 hamburgers in one day. In less then 12 hours. I blame it on the need for iron......

Whatever it takes right?

Boy were they delicious.


Shan

1 comments:

Mom/Cindy May 26, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

That sounds sooooooo good. I can just taste them now. Yum, yum.
Love ya, Mom

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP