Ketchup Control

>> Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This post in dedicated in its entirety to my brother, Scott....(you better come and read this brother!!)

Yesterday, Scott and I enjoyed some family time. For Memorial Day, we visited my grandfathers grave to pay him tribute and then went to breakfast. We went tot his pretty tasty hole in the wall restaurant off folsom blvd.

In keeping with my meat indulgence, I ordered country fried steak & hashbrowns. (Mom, it was tasty, but not quite like your country fried steak).

Scott ordered the Ranchers breakfast which included a t-bone steak and hashbrowns.

We love hashbrowns. The crispy kind. You can never cook hashbrowns too crispy. Really. After those delicious morsels of fried potato's reach your table, the next step prior to consumption is key.

The ketchup.

As my brother stated yesterday, you must have the most perfect ratio of ketchup to potato. He being older and more experienced, was able to have pretty perfect Ketchup Control. I on the other hand, got in a rush and globbed out too much ketchup one end of my hashbrowns.

Looks like I will need to try it again.

Just remember fair readers. In order to have an excellent experience with hashbrowns, you must learn ketchup control. There must be just a small layer of ketchup across the entire mass of potatoes in order for it to tast right.

Happy eating!

Shannon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP