Kupfer Korner

>> Friday, May 22, 2009

This post is relatively simple. Although any consistent reader will know that I am a bit of a story teller, a weaver of details and painter of pictures. What one would say simply in 5 words, I would most likely choose to take 25....

This was a moment that reminded me I am glad to be alive to witness the gift and beauty of nature...

I was gardening (checking on the berry vines to be exact) and I stopped to admire the coral-orange geraniums in Kupfer Korner. Just as the name suggests, the geraniums were from my grandpa Kupfers yard. The botanical transplant brought him to my mind. And then, as if to confirm his presence, a hummingbird flew by. He hovered around the orange tree and gingerly made its way to the bright geraniums. I couldnt have been but a foot away. His body was glistening green and I heard the distinct hum of his quick wings. Then, as if on cue, he lited on some close branches and "sat" for just a moment, undetourred by my presence. As quickly as he came, he left, but flew by the near by garden box and did a little "tinkerbell" swoop as if to say goodbye.

I was speechless. Another beautiful encounter with nature. Oh, papa, you would have enjoyed that moment. Maybe you did.

love,
Shan

3 comments:

Grampa Doug May 22, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

I'm sure he did.
Love, Mom

Mom/Cindy May 22, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

I'm sure he did.
Love, Mom

Trisha May 22, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

What a weaver of words, a painter of pictures. I loved it. Thanks

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP