Sunny Day

>> Monday, May 18, 2009

In response to a comment left by my father, I write this blog entry....

Dad, unfortunately the adventure to find the cherry blossoms wasnt quite succesful in its original purpose. As I am typing I am laughing out loud remembering my long search in the car up and down the 99 in search of this locale from my dear customer. Really, I mean, the only thing funier than your daughter in the car driving around with no clue of where she is going (in the middle of the day on a weekday) is the mental image of your daughter driving around the agricultural expanse of Lodi and Gault with her Garmin gps on a continual image of black with the occasional yellow line signifing some 2 lane dirt road. Really, it was hilarious!

For other readers, let me remind you that most of Shannons Adventures are at least entertaining and usually comical. It turns out that I missed the cherry blossom window here. We have had pretty spuratic weather and apparently they were long gone.

In the end, I was driving on some gravel 2 lane road and found this fantastic "rustic" barn. I stopped and asked this 87 year-old lady if I could photograph her barn. At first she thought I was interested in fixing and/or painting the "shed". Undetoured by my "no" response she asked if I had any friends who wanted to do it! Plucky woman. But, then again, she was 87 and still driving the tractor and maintaining most of the 20+ acreage. She then gave me a run down of the time line of blooms. So I had a photoshoot instead with her old barn, farm equipment and a cute little lizard basking in the afternoon sun. (photos pending....they are on my camera in an non-uploadable format...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP