Tips for Tightwads

>> Friday, May 22, 2009

Are you laughing? Good. I am too!

Let me set up the tip I am about to provide. (And no, dad, its not "plant your corn early." although with all the gardening I am doing lately, that may come in handy.)

My car has been in need of a good cleaning for quite some time now. Today was my day off and I decided that no matter what other deviations may occur from my plan, the vehicular vacuuming was going to happen!

Around the corner from where I live, is a coin operated car wash & vacuum spot. I have been using it for years. I like the industrial strength vacuums. It makes me feel like I am really sucking dirt and debris from the carpet.

So, I scooped up some loose change and headed over. As I pulled up to the machine, I had a flashback. I was reminded of all the times I would come with my sister, to this very place and clean the car! In those early years, she taught me how to really conserve.

Folks, we're talking about the fastest way to vacuum your car interior. I know, this is important stuff! Its serious business when you are dealing with that vacuum timer - I dont like to add more money once the machine is started. (and neither did my sis - she wanted to beat the system and only put in the start up money - back then it was like 50 cents) Here is what you do:
before inserting money:
open all the car doors
take out anything in the interior which can be removed
take out all the mats - shake them out and then fold them over the door(you will want them readily available)
scoot the front two seats all the way back
insert your money and:
start vacuuming on the drivers side, in the front. Push the hose to the passenger side and hustle your tush over there. Then vacuum the passengers front side, scoot the chair up and clean the passenger back seat. The hustle your way around the back of the car and finish up the interior. You will have just enough time to vacuum those mats you strategically placed on the door.

Isnt that fantastic? I think so!

I would like to thank you sis, for extending such wisdom and efficiency. In today's economy its especially useful. For just $1 I can spic & span my upholstery and carpet like nobody's business.

love,
Shan

4 comments:

Mom/Cindy May 22, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Nice memories----good tips.
Love ya, Mom

Trisha May 22, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

You Goof Ball! But it is so true isn't it.

Grampa Doug May 23, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

Just for thee record, Trisha learned that "preparation" from her dad who is the ultimate tightwad. He is so tight that he squeaks when he walks, or is that just old age?

Shannon Simmons May 23, 2009 at 4:34 AM  

hahah! So the truth comes out....thanks dad! And I have no comment for the old age thing....

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP